Tuesday, March 01, 2005

What if there was a button that you could push that would immediately purify everyone's motives within a 6 mile radius?

You'd create (36 x pi?) miles worth of sheep for the slaughter.

I've been thinking that most of the time folks lie, it's because the consequences of telling the truth are so grave. We don't seem to encourage the truth, do we?

We want to think folks can be perfect, and if they're not, we sure as sin don't want to know about it.

I have been thinking about this as far as public personas are concerned. But if you think about it, the same thing happens in families between the married and parents and kids, etc. Except for maybe Best Friends (life coaches? Oprah? Dr. Phil?) who expect and dish out gut level honesty or else lose that title, we lie without shame about anything.

I want to promote honesty from those I love. Guess this means I can't come apart at the seams, punishing them when they give it to me.

That's going to be tough. And what? Do I let people crap all over me because I want them to be honest about it?

More on this later ...









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home