Tuesday, March 08, 2005

surfin ...

radiohumper got me started and then bounced me to green catfish who bounced me to australian teen and then i noticed i was on green's blog roll, and then radiohumper's nice people roll and also on simpleton's roll!

yikes, i better write something worthy of attention now. which brought me right back to green catfish and radiohumper and thoughts i had all weekend about skiing under the chair.

think about it. skiing under the chair, where people watch you ski and comment. and they do. some of the time it's some stupid whistling "hey baby baby" and most of the time it's simply a howl, "yahooo" or "yeehaw" or "yeeeow" - those are my faves.

only the bravest skiers ski under the chair. not because it's steep and bumpy. but because of the people who watch from their comfy cozy you ain't ever gonna see me down there seat. those ones are the harshest commenters, cause they've never been there and don't have a tiny clue as to what it takes or what it should look like. oh yeah, and they're full straight up through their beedy little eyes full of jealousy.

but anyone who dares appreciates anyone who does.

this year i tuned out the comments with my nifty mp3 and had a ball. i don't know what they said, but heard someone howling through my beat. i had fun. i'm glad one someone did watching, too. but even if they didn't, i still had the time of my life.

skiing under the lift last weekend helped me understand what expert bloggers (who use blogger!) feel when they blog. raymi, tony, anti, dooce, hunster, radiohumper - they're in their element having a blast and people love to watch and yell out their inspiration.

who knew blogging and skiing had so much in common?

then i read robin's post about dooce and got mad too.

and anti's still smokin, which is comforting somehow, like the certainty of sunrise and the circle of life.

i'm all bug-eyed from staring at this screen for the past 1.5 hr. and i still need site meter and pics on my blahg.

speaking of decimals, today the precor machine i slobbered and sweated all over at lunch read the following after my workout:

Time: 50.0 (minutes)
Distance: 4.21 (miles)
Calories: 536.8 (burned)

I am 20 pounds away from pre-pregnancy me ... BABY!

Does anyone else hear the Rocky theme song being sung by a chorus of thousands of angels atop a sunbeam from heaven shining down on that precor treadmill?

I was hauling and it felt awesome at the end but i hated it at first and just wanted to quit the whole first mile. then something takes over. it's everything they talk about: runners high.

but i hate running. deeply. i'd rather play soccer or ski. soccer's way cheaper and i'm a poor princess.

thank you anti and tony for leaving your comments here! dudes. i'm honored. i mean: anti, no bud here, and tony, no babe either. but you're too kind and you're here. thanks again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home