Saturday, February 05, 2005

Meditation

I close my eyes and begin.
Pulling the air up through my nostrils,
I feel it breeze past the follicles, into the nasal passages,
down my throat, filling the lungs and raising the rib cage.

My shoulder blades expand and stretch out the back.
Stress leaves its roost there like the sudden rush of startled
birds on a wire or in a tree.

Again the breath is drawn and the effects repeat.
Effects repeat
Effects repeat
Effects repeat

As thoughts beg for attention, I dismiss their banter, hearing
the air in the nose, in the small bones at the base of the neck.
Spine straightens as the diaphragm draws in then out.
In then out
In then out
In then out

A smile

It spreads warm like sunshine across the face.
Born not of thought nor image nor stimulus other than
that of a mind at peace, a body willing at last to be still
Be still
Be still
Be still

Energy is born here.

A life force awesome in strength,
yet subtle in attribute, showing itself as many elusive
intangibles, hunted like the Holy Grail.

Patience, kindness, purity and peace.

I can accept you now as you are and forgive the countless ways
you bring each bird, one by one, to roost between my shoulders.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home