Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Number One

February 2, 2005

Dear Platoon,

I read your post today on anysoldier.com and will send a package soon that includes some of the items you listed.

I thought I'd write first, though, because I'm a working Mom with 2 kids, and often, things on my "to do list" don't get done. But promises I make to people, more often do.

I'm so sorry I haven't written anyone sooner. It has been so encouraging to find out, recently, all the ways that we at home can support you over there.

I am SO GRATEFUL for you and other U.S. military men and women who are serving right now. "Serving" is exactly what it is. Whatever made you decide to enlist, is admirable beyond words. I am sure there may be days when you regret that choice. It is understandable, considering the awesome sacrifices you have made that benefit others at your own expense.

-Page 2-

You are all in my prayers each day. We are so happy and relieved that Election Day went so much better than expected. Great job!

I hope this letter finds you as well as can be expected. I will send a care package soon. No need to write back, no such pressure here, ok? I read that in so many soldier's posts, that they feel so bad and sorry that they can't write more often. I can't imagine anyone who is supporting you all, needing anything in return.

I'm just proud of you doing what you do, and wanting to show my appreciation and support. Nothing I could do could ever be enough.

Best of luck with everything and I will write again soon.

Yours,

Speedy




2 Comments:

Blogger Radiohumper said...

This was nice to read. Good for you.

My National Guard friend finally told me what they like to hear in letters. I think yours is probably nicer.

It's great to see you are keeping with all of this.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Z Family said...

its been amazing. my aunt was so excited to hear about the website and my letter-writing, she said she's going to start doing the same. and she writes way better letters than i do.

thanks for all your encouragement, Radiohumper.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home