Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Happy New Year!

Last year was the first year I chose to celebrate ('bout time!) Persian New Year, or Iranian New Year, or "Noruz" or "Norooz" or "Nowruz" or "New-rooz"... do you see now why you can call me "Speedy"?

Anyhow, I love it and all the symbolism of rebirth and new beginnings and life after winter. We all need to start over and the more often the better for me.

Last year we joined these folks for the funnest time ever. The food is to die for (grilled kebob, kebob and kebob) and the music and kiddos are all it takes to infuse the smoky atmosphere with free-spirited, fun-loving, festivity, and the women have more style than I'll ever catch up with.

My son still talks about it a year later. When else as a kid do you get to jump over fire ?!

So that's where we be tonight. Story tomorrow night at 11.

Eideh shomah mobarak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home